IS YOUR BUSINESS READY
TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ONE OF
ATLANTIC CITY’S BIGGEST WEEKENDS OF THE YEAR?
The 14th Annual Garden State Film Festival (GSFF) rolls into Atlantic City from Thursday March 31 through Sunday April 3, 2016. 25 thousand people came to Atlantic City to attend the festival in 2015, and many businesses reported that it was their busiest weekend of the early Spring. We anticipate more will join us this year in Atlantic City, so now’s your chance to really wow ‘em.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you turn this weekend into a bonanza for your business.
GSFF is a big deal — not only in Atlantic City and New Jersey — but throughout the film world as well.
• Talk it up with your friends and customers; be a part of the buzz!
• Offer incentives to attendees to come to your business during the weekend. Entice them to come back again. “Show your GSFF ticket for a 10% discount – now through April 30.”
• Reach attendees through an advertisement in the festival program or on our website. We’ve been delivering an audience and real value to our state for years. It makes good marketing sense! AD DEADLINE: January 15, 2015 contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Publicize the event to your clientele well in advance.
• Promote specials for the weekend in your e-newsletters to your customers and in other ads.
• Add GSFF info to your advertising campaigns and to your friends on Facebook and other social networks. Please make sure you tag our pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so we can ‘LIKE’ and ‘SHARE’ mentions.
• Put a GSFF poster in your window and have plenty of our promotional postcards on hand. They are available at the Arts Garage, no later than February 1, for you to pick up for yourself and pass to other businesses.
• Attendees need to be able to eat fast between screenings, so offer a special, film-friendly menu. Consider a film-themed menu to attract visitors.
• Offer a pre-event dinner/film night.
Inside scoop – GSFF is known to bring in lots of celebrities.
• You can get advance buzz to share on who’s who at this year’s festival by going to the website at www.gsff.org. We will be adding more and more VIPs all the time so check it often!
• Contact filmmakers to arrange a reception in their honor before or after their film screens. This is a great way to attract more visitors to your business and to garner some press as well. GSFF will have a list with all of the films being shown and the filmmakers’ contact information by the end of January. Many look for a place to have a pre or after party for their screening but you have to reach out to them!
• Make the filmmakers feel special. They spread the word and help create a huge buzz for Atlantic City that encourages people to come back at other times of year. You can recognize GSFF filmmakers by the badge they wear around their neck.
For more information or to ramp up the buzz, contact Diane Raver at email@example.com 877-908-7050