PLEASE CHECK HERE OFTEN WE UPDATE REGULARLY!!
It is our pleasure to inform you that your film has been chosen to be screened at the Fourteenth Annual Garden State Film Festival in Atlantic City, New Jersey, March 31- April 3, 2016. We are in the process of scheduling the films; please look for the schedule on our website (www.gsff.org) very soon.
Please read the following information carefully:
• Your laurels can me found above
• Please send two (2) final DVDs or Blu Rays of your film for screening purposes. If you sent one for judging it has gone around to the judges and thus may be scratched or otherwise unreliable. Please do not make us use the judging copy! If we screened your film online we do not have any way to screen your film without a hard copy. All discs MUST be NTSC, Region 1 or 0, DVD or Blu Ray, Region A.
All films must come to us with no bars and tone, no leader. All filmmakers DVD disks must be Properly Formatted, Authored, and FINALIZED.
All Blu- Ray disks need to be Authored and FINALIZED as well. All menus should park themselves on “PLAY.”
• All venues will only have NTSC Blu-Ray, Region A and DVD, Region 1 or 0, capability. We cannot accept PAL discs. PAL cannot be played.
• Please clearly mark your disc with its format. Format Example: NTSC Blu-Ray, Region A
• Please get all films to us no later than February 15, 2016.
• Please address any technical questions to: Lauren Watson, email@example.com. She will be happy to help you!
• Please send DVD’s to:
1 Page Avenue.
Allenhurst, NJ 07711-1112
marked SCREENING COPY on the outside as well as your WAB or FilmFreeway tracking number. DO NOT REQUIRE A SIGNITURE!!!!
• Our filmmaker hospitality coordinator, Amy Bouer (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be very helpful.
o Our website is filled with great information regarding perks, lodging packages, and other questions you might have.
o The Claridge Hotel has a special rate for filmmakers. Use Code: GFilmmakers. Code for Resorts is on teh websoite under lodging
♣ Book your rooms early. The discounted rooms are limited and go fast.
o Please refer any other questions or concerns to Amy and she will be happy to help you.
o Also please check our website under Festival Info/FOR OUR FILMMAKERS, as it will be updated regularly with very important information.
o At this time GSFF is unable to provide transportation or lodging for our filmmakers.
- GSFF makes every effort to drive attendance. In 2015, we were at capacity at most of the screenings. We have found in the past that filmmakers who take an active role in promoting their screening via social networks, other web based media outlets and their local newspapers, combined with our efforts, are very happy with the results. Please join us our Facebook page at:
Use Hashtag #GSFFAC –be sure to tag us on all your social media posting!
- Feel free to hype your film to our followers. Please mail hard copies of any print articles to us for our records. We take your success very seriously.
- Promotional materials may be sent to:
711 Boston Blvd.
Sea Girt, N.J. 08750
We are happy to distribute them ONLY if they include the screening venue, time and date. Any materials received without this information will be discarded. They must be in hand by March 1, 2015.
- Hallie Goldfarb is our publicist and you may contact her at email@example.com.
- All films receive two Filmmakers Badges that act as weekend passes allowing access to all events Friday March 19-Sunday March 22, EXCEPT the black tie awards dinner.
- The GSFF Awards Dinner has always sold out in the past. Tickets are available on our website. PLEASE BUY THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you plan to attend. Sorry, we can NOT comp filmmakers.
- GSFF Website & Program – My next email will ask you to fill out a short form for use on our website and in our program and to attach a high res still. Please return this information to us as soon as possible using upper and lower case letters. We are a very small staff and your help is critical. Remember, what you give us at this time is what is published. Do not ask us to change it later.
- LASTLY, we will kick off the weekend on Thursday March 31, at The Claridge Hotel Celebrity Theater at 6:3O PM with a MEET THE FILMMAKERS event. The evening will consist of a screening of some of the trailers of the weekends films followed by a reception. We hope you will be able to attend and work the room to encourage audience member to attend YOUR screening.
Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) about advertising in our program. Ads begin at $100. This insures your film a larger presence, allows friends and family the opportunity for congratulatory ads and supports our efforts throughout the year and beyond.
Thank you again for sharing your fine work and we hope you will be able to join us for this fabulous event. We are looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!
The Garden State Film Festival
“Where do I go when I arrive?”
If you arrive on Thursday March 31 we will be ready to give you your badges at 5PM at the Celebrity Theater at the Claridge Hotel. This is the location of MEET THE FILMMAKERS.
If you arrive on Friday or after please report to our HOSPITALITY table located on the dining level in Resorts Hotel & Casino, 1133 Boardwalk at North Carolina in Atlantic City. All of our venues and events are in the OCEAN TOWER which is the portion of the building closest to the Boardwalk to pick up your badges.
PARTY PARTY PARTY!! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
After Parties are planned for:
Saturday March 21 10:00PM-????
Ocean View Room-3rd Fl
A Filmmakers Lounge, located in the outer lounge area of Gallagher’s Steak House , Resorts Casino & Hotel on the Dining Level (2ndFl) will be available for your use Saturday and Sunday.
Frequently asked Questions:
We are getting a lot of questions about promotional materials.
PRIOR TO EVENT– Please send postcards promoting your film to Diane 711 Boston Blvd. Sea Girt, NJ 08750. The postcards MUST contain the venue date and time of your screening or they will be discarded. Posters are hard to post in the AC area.
DURING EVENT- Due to strict policies about promotional materials in the hotels and casinos in Atlantic City we are unable to post posters on the walls. Many filmmakers have found pop ups a great way promote their screening.
Tables will be provided out side each venue for placing marketing materials as well as the main box office adjacent to the Superstar Theater ( dining level-2nd Fl Ocean Tower) in Resorts Hotel & Casino.
1. Q & A- YES!! There is a Q&A after each screening block and filmmakers, cast and crew for the films screened in that block are invited to participate after the entire block is over. The host moderator of the block will facilitate it. Sometimes our audience gets very excited and has lots and lots of really great questions. Since we do have to keep to our schedule the host will direct you to another site close by afterward to continue your discussion.
2. You can pick up two all access badges for each film selected, starting on Friday at noon and throughout the weekend at the Hospitality booth at our box office adjacent to the Superstar Theater in Resorts Casino & Hotel on the Dining Level ( 2nd Fl). They will also be available at the Filmmaker Breakfast at 9:30am on Saturday, March 21 at a The Noyes Arts Garage.
WE NEED YOUR HELP after March 1st putting up posters and distributing postcards. Please help us to help you, by getting in touch with us at email@example.com to arrange obtaining marketing materials for your posse to spread around town.
If you are interested in hosting a reception before or after your film screening the following businesses are ready to help!
Land Shark & Margaritaville ( Resorts)
p (609) 340-7616, f (609) 431-4102
Gallagher’s Steak House ( Resorts)
The Irish Pub
The Claridge Hotel