PLEASE CHECK HERE OFTEN!! WE UPDATE REGULARLY!!
THE SCHEDULE IS LIVE! CLICK HERE
ALL FILMS GET TWO BADGES THAT ACT AS WEEKEND PASSES…Please let lauren@gsff know the names of the two people picking up your badges. ( Your badges give you entrance to all events EXCEPT the black tie awards banquet. Separate tickets for that event may be found HERE
It is our pleasure to inform you that your film has been chosen to be screened at the 16th Annual Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park, New Jersey, March 22-25, 2018.
Please read the following information carefully:
• Your laurels:
Please provide the following information as you wish it to appear in the program and on the website and attach a high resolution still which may appear with it
Please use upper and lower cases when filing in information.
DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO IN ALL CAPS
Premiere status examples are (World Premiere, North American Premiere, East Coast Premiere, NJ premiere, Asbury Park Premier)
If your film has a recognizable cast members name ONLY, please include it in the synopsis. Synopsis should be no longer than two to three sentences and describe the film accurately.
*Remember this is what will get general audience to your screening. Vague synopses are not helpful in getting audience to your film.
Please send ONLY the info below to email@example.com with a graphic/still for your film
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
• Please send two (2) final DVDs or Blu Rays of your film for screening purposes.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO BURN YOUR DVD..see our policy click here: GSFF DVD and Blu Ray Policy
If you sent one for judging it has gone around to the judges and thus may be scratched or otherwise unreliable. Please do not make us use the judging copy! If we screened your film online we do not have any way to present your film without a hard copy. So please get it to us quickly.
All discs MUST be NTSC, Region 1 or 0, DVD or Blu Ray, Region A.
• All films must come to us without a leader. A leader is color bars and tone, or a slate. We want your film to start playing immediately.
• All filmmakers DVD disks must be Properly Formatted, Authored, and FINALIZED. All menus should park themselves on “PLAY” or have it AUTO START. This will save time for the audience waiting for the projectionist to press play. Please do not have a menu.
• All Blu- Ray disks need to be Authored and FINALIZED as well. All menus should park themselves on “PLAY” or have it AUTO START. This will save time for the audience waiting for the projectionist to press play.
• All venues will only have NTSC Blu-Ray, Region A and DVD, Region 1 or 0, capability. We cannot accept PAL discs. PAL can not be played. • Currently, audio will be played in Stereo, not 5.1.
• Please clearly mark your disc with its format. Format Example: NTSC Blu-Ray, Region A
• Please get all films to us no later than February 10, 2018.
• Please address any technical questions to: Lauren Concar, firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be happy to help you!
• Please send DVD’s to:
1 Page Avenue
Allenhurst, NJ 07711-1112
marked SCREENING COPY on the outside as well as your WAB or FilmFreeway tracking number. DO NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.
Our website is filled with great information regarding perks, lodging packages, and other questions you might have.
♣ Book your rooms early. The discounted rooms are limited and go fast.
• Also please check our website under Festival Info/FOR OUR FILMMAKERS, as it will be updated regularly with very important information.
• At this time GSFF is unable to provide transportation or lodging for our filmmakers.
• Please refer to these helpful links to answer any questions you may have.
If you have read through the above & have any other questions or concerns please direct them to Lauren email@example.com .
GSFF makes every effort to drive attendance. In 2017, we were at capacity at most of the screenings.
We have found in the past that filmmakers who take an active role in promoting their screening via social networks, other web based media outlets and their local newspapers, combined with our efforts, are very happy with the results.
Please join us our Facebook page at:
Use Hashtag #GSFF #GSFFasburypark–be sure to tag us on all of your social media posting!
- Feel free to hype your film to our followers.
- Please mail hard copies of any print articles to us for our records. We take your success very seriously.
*IMPORTANT* Please read this because we do not want to be wasteful.
We are happy to distribute promotional materials ONLY if they include the screening venue, time and date. Any materials received without this information will be discarded. They must be in hand by March 1, 2018.
- Promotional materials may be sent to:
GSFF | Promo Dept.
711 Boston Blvd.
Sea Girt, N.J. 08750
—>Already printed a ton of promotional materials? Yes, you could print stickers with your screening venue, time & date and adhere the stickers to your current film poster or post card.
POSTERS MUST BE on a backing and YOU provide the easel.
- All films receive two complimentary Filmmakers Badges that act as weekend passes allowing access to all events Thursday, March 22–Sunday March 25, EXCEPT the black tie awards banquet.
- If you have additional cast, crew & family members attending you will need to purchase Weekend passes or single screening tickets. Remember-you receive 2 filmmaker badges so please click on the appropriate links for any other tickets that you would like to purchase. Have a crew member that is sad & the only thing that could cheer them up is having a badge instead of a weekend pass? Please alert firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to see everyone smiling.
- The GSFF Awards Banquet has always sold out in the past. Tickets are available HERE. PLEASE BUY THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you plan to attend. Sorry, we can NOT comp filmmakers.
- GSFF Website & Program – My next email will ask you to fill out a short form for use on our website and in our program and to attach a high res still image. Please return this information to us as soon as possible using upper and lower case letters. We are a very small staff and your help is critical. IMPORTANT: Remember, what you give us at this time is what is published. Please do not ask us to change it later.
- LASTLY, we will kick off the weekend on Thursday March 22, 2018 with our Meet the Filmmakers event at Asbury Hall in The Asbury. The evening will consist of a screening a selection of the trailers of the weekends films followed by a reception. We hope you will be able to attend and work the room to encourage audience member to attend YOUR screening.
If you arrive on Thursday, please pick up your badges prior to the MEET THE FILMMAKERS event at Asbury Hall – The Asbury Hotel.
PLEASE DON’T COME BEFORE 6PM. We will still be getting ready!
Please contact Lor Draz email@example.com about advertising in our program. This insures your film a larger presence, allows friends and family the opportunity for congratulatory ads and supports our efforts throughout the year and beyond.
Thank you again for sharing your fine work and we hope you will be able to join us for this fabulous event. We are looking forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Diane Raver | Founder
“Where do I go when I arrive?”
If you arrive on Thursday March 22, 2018
Please pick up your badges prior to the MEET THE FILMMAKERS event at Asbury Hall The Asbury Hotel starting at 6:30PM.
If you arrive on Friday March 23, 2018 or after-
The HOSPITALITY table opens at 6PM.
We will be ready to give you your badge and program at our HOSPITALITY table located at Convention Hall.
THE FILMMAKER HOSPITALITY TABLE IS In the lobby of the
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Saturday at 9:30am – 9:30 PM
Sunday at 9:30am – 4:00 PM
**Badges will also be available at the Filmmaker Breakfast Saturday morning.
PARTY PARTY PARTY!! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
After Parties are planned for: –
Friday March 23 10:00PM-? Johnny Mac’s Main Street Asbury Park
Saturday March 24-TBD
Sunday is the Awards Banquet!
Frequently asked Questions:
We are getting a lot of questions about promotional materials.
PRIOR TO EVENT– Please send postcards promoting your film to
GSFF | PROMO DEPT
711 Boston Blvd. Sea Girt, NJ 08750.
IMPORTANT: The postcards MUST contain the venue date and time of your screening or they will be discarded.
DURING EVENT- Due to strict policies about promotional materials we are unable to post posters on the walls. Many filmmakers have found pop ups a great way promote their screening.
Tables will be provided out side each venue for placing marketing materials as well as the main box office adjacent to the Superstar Theater ( dining level-2nd Fl Ocean Tower) in Resorts Hotel & Casino.
1. Q & A- YES!! There is a Q&A after each screening block and filmmakers, cast and crew for the films screened in that block are invited to participate after the entire block is over. The host moderator of the block will facilitate it. Sometimes our audience gets very excited and has lots and lots of really great questions. Since we do have to keep to our schedule the host will direct you to another site close by afterward to continue your discussion.
WE NEED YOUR HELP after March 1st putting up posters and distributing postcards. Please help us to help you, by getting in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange obtaining GSFF marketing materials for your posse to spread around town.
If you are interested in hosting a reception before or after your film screening the following businesses are ready to help.