My Film Was Accepted
Congratulations Filmmakers for being accepted to GSFF 2022!
It is our pleasure to inform you that your film has been chosen to be screened at the
20th Annual Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park, New Jersey, March 23-27, 2022.
The Twentieth Annual Garden State Film Festival
March 23 – March 27, 2022 *IN PERSON FESTIVAL
VIRTUAL FESTIVAL COMPONENT March 28-April 3, 2022
PLEASE CHECK HERE OFTEN FOR UPDATES
This year’s festival will take place IN PERSON March 23rd-27th followed by virtual access. All films will be presented live at various venues while adhering to
COVID -19 New Jersey State Mandates | Cranford, New Jersey and Asbury Park, New Jersey.
Followed March 28th-April 3rd virtually as a Video On Demand.
- This gives 2 people all access to ALL IN PERSON ONLY FILM SCREENINGS March 23 – March 27, 2022.
- If you are able to safely travel to our New Jersey for our Festival and plan to be here in person, please contact Tina at email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Once you know your film block time, YOU MUST RSVP your live IN PERSON attendance + anyone from your film family who will be attending to Tina, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may download your laurels via Filmfreeway.com
IN PERSON ATTENDANCE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Thank you for supporting our non profit organization.
We were the first Hybrid event in 2021 and we are back in person for 2022!
Venues IN-PERSON– Cranford Theater, Asbury Lanes, Asbury Hotel (The Asbury Hall),
Berkeley Kingsley, Berkeley Continental & the Jersey Shore Arts Center
FILM REQUIREMENTS and UPLOADING YOUR FILMS TO THE PORTAL
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
** YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR FILM and TRAILER to our GSFF PORTAL **
- Please look for an email with “GSFF PORTAL UPLOAD 2022” as subject line
** FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES PROVIDED
- You MUST open the email using FireFox, Google Chrome, Opera, or Safari. No Internet Explorer.
- Ensure your film is 1920 by 1080, H.264, Stereo (2-Channel), .MP4
- MAX file size this year is 10GB for ALL FILMS
- Label files with your FILM NAME and FilmFreeway Tracking number (this is very important to label correctly when uploading)
- Click the “Upload my Film” button towards the bottom of the email
- Select your film name, and click “browse” to select your film file and begin the upload.
- Wait until the upload is complete and the badge has turned green.
Please get all films uploaded to us no later than January 21, 2022
Highlights of GSFF 2022 Festival Events
MEET THE FILMMAKERS
FESTIVAL PREVIEW EVENT
Thursday, March 24, 2022 I Asbury Lanes
Preview event gives guests a sneak peek at the Festival’s full line-up of films and special events. Get ready to work the room for your next gig! A cocktail reception prior to the screening includes cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres. Guests view a selection of trailers of the upcoming films and promos of the full line-up including special events. This not to be missed event is open to the public.
FRIDAY COCKTAIL GALA
March 25, 2022 I Asbury Lanes
Friday Night Cocktail Gala includes cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres kicks off the Garden State Film Festival weekend with the red-carpet premiere of a highly anticipated film with special guests in attendance. Filmmaker Talk Back follows the screening with an after party to top it all off!
FILM SCREENINGS I Various Venues
Saturday, March 26 & Sunday March 27, 2022
Film Screenings throughout the city of Asbury Park.
WINNING SCREENPLAY COMPETITION TABLE READ
Sunday, March 27, 2022 I Virtual
Winning Feature Screenplay reading by celebrity and up-and coming actors. Past participants include Ed Asner, Armand Assante, Diane Ladd, Xander Berkeley, Pasquale, Chance Kelly, Siobhan Fallon Hogan, Langston Fishburne and Richard Kind, to name a few.INDUSTRY DAYS I Various Venues
Special events held during the Festival, Industry Days serves as the central hub for the Tri-State area-based and visiting filmmakers to connect with and learn from industry experts through panels, workshops, master classes, and networking events.
SUNDAY NIGHT AWARDS DINNER (*Must purchase Ticket*)
Sunday, March 27, 2022 I Berkeley Hotel
Please read the following information carefully:
PROGRAM BOOK INFORMATION
- Please provide the following information as you wish it to appear in the program and on the website and attach a high resolution still which may appear with it
- Please use upper and lower cases when filling in information.
- DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO IN ALL CAPS
- Premiere status examples are (World Premiere, North American Premiere, East Coast Premiere, NJ premiere, Asbury Park Premier)
- If your film has a recognizable cast members name ONLY, please include it in the synopsis. Synopsis should be no longer than two to three sentences and describe the film accurately.
*Remember this is what will get general audience to your screening. Vague synopses are not helpful in getting audience to your film.
Please send ONLY the info below to email@example.com with a graphic/still for your film
The Garden State Film Festival is happy to invite this year’s filmmakers to join us for a mix and mingle with the other accepted filmmakers for a light breakfast.
Saturday, March 30
Berkeley Hotel | Continental Room
9 am – 10 am
Badges will also be available at the Filmmaker Breakfast Saturday morning.
We have a wonderful panel immediately following the breakfast.
Filmmaker lounges available for you to utilize on Saturday & Sunday to chat and make new friends.
If after your screening block the Q & A sessions would like to continue, please relocate to our Filmmaker Lounges because we must stick to our time schedule.
Berkeley Hotel | Café | Ground floor
1401 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Downtown Area | Snacks available for purchase.